Sunday 30 August 2009

Mo Russian Blue or just an incredibly beautiful kit?
















Mo's origin has recently become more of an mystery when our Vet said he thought Mo has some Russian Blue in him. He said it was the first time he wrote that a cat was "blue" in the description-box on his vaccination card. And when I looked up pics of Russian Blue online I was astonished with how much Mo looks like one!
I think that his mother is a stray that lives somewhere around my parents-in-law's house, and when come to think of it, she had kittens last summer to (unfortunately, none of them survived), and they were all grey. The mother is also grey, so maybe she is a Russian.
But there's some things that don't really fit in with the description of a Russian, his eyes are more yellow than they are green, but I've never believed he was a purebred.
I have high hopes for his fur, though. It is undescribeable, it's more like wool than fur, but I suppose it will become more clear if he got characteristic Russian fur when he gets grown-up fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment